Wednesday, January 4, 2012

1 book down 50 or so more to go this year

So I finished Are You There Vodka? It's me Chelsea while waiting in the doctors office this afternoon. I have always found Chelsea Handler to be hilarious.  I used to watch her show every night, even reruns when we still subscribed to cable. (We found that 70 bucks a month was stupid when we rarely watched tv.  We watch a lot of Netflix on the Wii)  This was the first book of hers that I have read and I can tell you I find her even more funny now.  To read her thoughts and crazy things that have happened to her over the years was just so much fun.  This book was funny enough that I am working on getting the rest of her books to read as soon as possible!  Many times my husband had to ask me what is so funny because I would just start laughing out loud while reading.  I think a few times he suspected I had seen something goofy or embarrassing he had done only to realize I was reading my book again.  I finished this book so fast I found myself wondering how it could possibly be over already.  I look forward to reading the rest of her books soon.

Next up on my list to read is by another comic that can easily offend but I find hilarious.  I need some humor in my life after the hectic mess that is the holiday season.  So I will be likely reading a few more before I go back to the more serious stuff.  Anyways, I will be reading My Booky Wook by Russel Brand.  Watched his Comedy Central special again recently on Netflix and I think it is time to give his writing a try too.


No comments:

Post a Comment