Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Finished American On Purpose

So I finished American On Purpose.  It was really really good!  I found it pretty hard to put down.  It was mostly stories from Craig's childhood and they all led to how he became a citizen and why he always wanted to live in America.  The stories were funny, honest, sometimes sad, and even enlightening.  We often forget that there are people out there who would do just about anything to live here.  We take for granted what we have.  I think we are all guilty of it to some extent.  I would recommend this book to anyone.  It had something for everyone.

I am in the middle of A Game of Thrones.  It is completely sucked me in.  I have found myself getting my kindle out and reading all the time.  Even when I only have a few minutes in a doctor's waiting room or something.

Friends of mine have been talking about this book series and resulting tv series around me for months and I am so glad I finally decided to give it a try.  I will post more about it when I get to finish the first book.

No comments:

Post a Comment